Previous: Note on Menus
The Defaults File
This file (at present called twodspec_defaults.sdf) is used to allow
the behaviour of programs to be varied.
The elements have the following meanings:
- If this has the value 1 then a condition handler is used during the
fitting (this is in addition to the FIGARO default handler).
This condition handler is not available with the Sun version.
- This controls the size of jump between iterations in the fitting.
The value multiplies the default.
- These are the values copied to the TOLS array in the results structure
when a new results structure is created.
Where appropriate the values will be multiplied by the dispersion.
- If this is 1 then the single component fitting will default to taking
the peak as the centre, for guessing.
- This is set to 1 to indicate wavelengths are values in vacuum.
- If this is 1 it indicates that the first axis has a log scale (by
- The default units for the first axis.
- Type integer, if absent, or of value 1, then a full relativistic
furmula is used for Doppler shifts, otherwise the non-relativistic one
- FITS keywords to search to find declination of object (not yet used)
- Mutiplier for values from DEC to convert to degrees (not yet used)
- FITS keywords to search to find right ascension of object (not yet used)
- Mutiplier for values from RA to convert to hours (not yet used)
- FITS keywords to search to find equinox
- FITS keywords to search to find UT
- FITS keywords to search to find telescope name (in form acceptable to SLALIB)
- FITS keywords to search to find longitude of observatory
- Mutiplier for values from LONG_OBS to convert to degrees
- FITS keywords to search to find latitude of observatory
- Mutiplier for values from LAT_OBS to convert to degrees
If the multipliers are absent they are taken as 1.0.
An example of a defaults file is given below (as shown by Figaro exam):
In this case COR_LONG_OBS is used to correct for the value of
longitude in the file's being positive east, whereas we want positive
west. Note that you can have several values in each array, which would
act as a search list (at present up to 5 values).
.FIT_HANDLER Int 0
.OPT_STEP Float 1
.TOLS Float 0.10000 3 -3 0.2000 8 1 5 1000 20 5 2.000E-3
.... 2.000E-3 3
.USEPEAK Int 1
.VACUUM Int 0
.AX1_LOG Int 0
.AX1_UNITS Char Angtroms
.DATA Float 0
.COR_LAT_OBS Float 1
.LAT_OBS[8,1] Char LAT_OBS
.LONG_OBS[8,1] Char LONG_OBS
.COR_LONG_OBS Float -1
Previous: Note on Menus
FIGARO A general data reduction system
Starlink User Note 86
Keith Shortridge, Horst Meyerdierks,
Malcolm Currie, Martin Clayton, Jon Lockley,
Anne Charles, Clive Davenhall,
Mark Taylor, Tim Ash, Tim Wilkins, Dave Axon,
John Palmer, Anthony Holloway and
2004 February 17
Copyright © 2013 Science and Technology Facilities Council